- Eligibility. To register as a member of Vivaah.com or use this Site, you must be of legal marriageable age as per the laws of India (currently, 18 years or over for females and 21 years or over for males). The Vivaah.com Site is only to facilitate lawful marriages between persons who are legally competent to enter into matrimony under the laws to which they are subject. Membership in the Service is void where prohibited. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and legal capacity to enter into this Agreement and that you are not prohibited or prevented by any applicable law for the time being in force or any order or decree or injunction from any court, tribunal or any such competent authority restraining you from entering into matrimony. You also agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If at any time Vivaah,com is of the opinion (in its sole discretion) or has any reason to believe that you are not eligible to become a member or that you have made any misrepresentation about your eligibility, Vivaah.com reserves the right to forthwith terminate your membership and / or your right to use the Service.
- Term. You may terminate your membership at any time, for any reason by writing to Vivaah.com. after logging in to site using your credentials. if found in breach of these terms Vivaah.com may terminate your membership/ remove profile/ block access to the Site with or without sending notice to you at the email address you provide in your application for membership or such other email address as you may later provide to Vivaah.com. Even after this Agreement is terminated, certain provisions will remain in effect including sections 4,5,7,9 -14, inclusive, of this Agreement.
- Non-Commercial Use by Members. The Vivaah.com Site is for the personal use of individual members only, and cannot be used in connection with any commercial endeavors. This includes providing links to other web sites, whether deemed competitive to Vivaah.com or otherwise. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses cannot become Members of Vivaah.com and should not use the Vivaah.com Service or Site for any purpose. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Site, including unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
- Vivaah.com reserves the right in it's sole discretion to review the activity & status of each account & block/ discontinue/ remove the account/ profile of a member based on such review.
- Multiple profiles of the same person are not allowed on Vivaah.com. Vivaah.com reserves the right to deactivate all multiple profiles.
- You cannot engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other Members to buy or sell any products or services through the Service. You will not transmit any chain letters or junk email, inappropriate messages to other Vivaah.com members. Although Vivaah.com cannot monitor the conduct of its Members off the Vivaah.com Site, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect Vivaah.com and/or our Members from any abuse / misuse, Vivaah.com reserves the right to restrict the number of communications / profile contacts & responses / email which a Member may send to other Member in any 24-hour period to a number which Vivaah.com deems appropriate at its sole discretion.
- You cannot use any automated processes, including IRC Bots, EXE's, CGI or any other programs/scripts to view content on or communicate / contact / respond / interact with Vivaah.com and/or its members.
- Vivaah.com reserves the right to screen communications/ messages that you may send to other Member(s) and also regulate the same by deleting and or editing unwarranted/ obscene communications at any time at its sole discretion without prior notice to any Member.
- Proprietary Rights in Content on Vivaah.com. Vivaah.com owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Vivaah.com Site and the Vivaah.com Service. The Site contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of Vivaah.com, and its licensors. Except for that information which you have been given permission, you cannot copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information. Any such act or an attempted act on your part shall constitute a violation of this Agreement and your membership is liable to be terminated forthwith by Vivaah.com.
- Content Posted on the Site.
- You understand and agree that Vivaah.com may delete any content, messages, photos or profiles (collectively, "Content") that in the sole judgment of Vivaah.com violate this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of either Vivaah.com and/or its Members.
- With respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Site including but not limited to your contact details, you hereby unconditionally and irrevocably grant to Vivaah.com the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Site or on other medium from time to time.
You understand and hereby agree that all information, data, text, photographs, graphics, messages, tags, or other Content whether publicly posted or privately transmitted or otherwise made available to Vivaah.com members, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated and shall be at the member's/person's sole risks and consequences. This means that you ( and not Vivaah.com ) is solely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. Vivaah.com does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. Under no circumstances will Vivaah.com be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
- You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on the Vivaah.com service or on Vivaah.com Site or transmit to other Vivaah.com Members. Vivaah may from time to time review the content posted. Vivaah.com reserves the right to remove the content or block/ discontinue/ remove the account/ profile of a member based on such review if there is any doubt on its authenticity. To verify the authenticity of Content posted on the Site. In exercising this right, Vivaah.com may ask you to provide any documentary or other form of evidence supporting the Content you post on the Site.
- By posting Content to any public area of Vivaah.com, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Vivaah.com, and other Vivaah.com Members, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
- The following is an indicative list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Site. Vivaah.com will investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this Agreement, including without limitation, removing the offending communication / Content from the Service and terminating the Membership of such violators. Illegal and prohibitive Content includes Content that which:
- is offensive to the community, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry , hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes information that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page) ;
- displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; and
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
- You must use the Vivaah.com Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules and regulations.
- You cannot include in your Member profile, visible to other members, any telephone numbers, street addresses, URL's, and email addresses.
- Copyright Policy. You cannot post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Vivaah.com service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the our Site; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be sent to us in writing to the Registered Delhi address of Vivaah Matrimonial Services.
- Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Vivaah.com Members. Vivaah.com reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members. Vivaah.com also reserves the right to take appropriate action against errant members. However, Vivaah.com is not obliged to share such action with other members, including complainants. Vivaah.com expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any transactions or interactions between the members inter-se.
- Privacy. At Vivaah.com, the privacy of our visitors is of extreme importance to us. This section outlines the types of personal information is received and collected by Vivaah.com and how it is used.
- Vivaah.com is an online matrimonial service designed to provide an easy way for our members to meet each other on the Web. To accomplish this, our members create their own unique profiles and our matching technology provides them matches based on their pre-selected criteria. In order to do this, we ask for certain personal information which is displayed on the site. (This information includes physical / mental disability.) (Of course, all Vivaah.com visitors may browse the site, search member profiles and view any articles or features our site has to offer without entering any personal information.)
There are two types of user-submitted information we collect: Public and Private. We define Public information as personal information that may be displayed on the site at the behest of the member, such as name, gender, age, height, telephone number, photograph, etc. Private information is defined as any information that allows others to contact a user other than through Vivaah.com or allows the collection of information about the user other than what is displayed on the site.
Vivaah.com also allows members to submit public and private information on behalf of others - child/ward, sibling or friend. If such child/ward, sibling or friend does not wish this information to be displayed, she/he has the option to request removal of such information after providing the necessary evidence that the information pertains to her/him.
- We use your server, IP address, and browser-type related information in the general administration of our website. We may store member login ids of users and their IP addresses for certain activities they perform for security purposes in order to track down the person in case of illegal activities.
- Google Analytics and Log Files - Like many other Web sites, Vivaah.com makes use of Google Analytics and log files to collect information that is not personally identifiable, such as browser type and IP address. This information is gathered for all users to the site.
- DoubleClick DART Cookie
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to Vivaah.com and other sites on the Internet.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
- Disclaimers. Vivaah.com is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Site or in connection with the Vivaah.com Service, whether caused by Users, Members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Service, nor for the conduct of any User and/or Member of the Vivaah.com Service whether online or offline. Vivaah.com assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, User and/or Member communications or any communications by Vivaah.com to its Members. Vivaah.com is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to Users and/or Members or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Vivaah.com Site and/or in connection with the Vivaah.com Service. Under no circumstances will Vivaah.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone's use of the Site or the Service and/or any Content posted on the Vivaah.com Site or transmitted to Vivaah.com Members. The exchange of matrimonial profile(s) through or by "Vivaah.com" is not a matrimonial offer and/or recommendation from/by Vivaah.com. Vivaah.com shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to any individual arising out of, or subsequent to, any relations (including but not limited to matrimonial relations) established pursuant to the use of Vivaah.com. The Site and the Service are provided "AS-IS" and Vivaah.com expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Vivaah.com cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Site and/or the Vivaah.com Service.
Vivaah.com expressly disclaims any liability or responsibility whatsoever and howsoever arising as a result of any Content posted on the Site / made available to Vivaah.com by any Members or the users of the Site or any third party. Vivaah.com does not assume any responsibility or liability for any illegal Content posted on the Site by any Members, users or any third party. All liability, whether civil or criminal arising out of any Content that is Posted on the Site will be of that Member / user / third party who has Posted such Content and Vivaah.com reserves its right to claim damages from such Member/ user / third party that it may suffer as a result of such Content Posted on the Site. Vivaah.com does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service.
- Limitation on Liability. In no event will Vivaah.com be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also lost profits arising from your use of the Site or the Vivaah.com Service, even if Vivaah.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Vivaah.com's, liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to Vivaah.com, for the Service during the term of membership.
- Disputes. If there is any dispute about or involving the Site and/or the Service, by using the Site, you unconditionally agree that all such disputes and/or differences will be governed by the laws of India and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Competent Courts in Delhi, India only.
- By becoming a Member of the Vivaah.com service, you agree to receive certain specific email from Vivaah.com and/or its group sites. .You can manage your subscription to these emails from contact preferences option page for your account.
- You hereby confirm that as on date of registration, you have not registered yourselves on the Do Not Disturb (DND) subscriber list with any telecom operator / authority. In the event, you register yourselves as a Do Not Disturb (DND) subscriber, you hereby confirm that you do not have any objection to receive messages (promotional or otherwise) from Vivaah.com or any of its affiliate companies.
- This Agreement, accepted upon use of the Site and further affirmed by becoming a Member of the Vivaah.com service, contains the entire agreement between you and Vivaah.com regarding the use of the Site and/or the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
Vivaah.com is a trademark of Vivaah Matrimonial Services Pvt Ltd
By becoming a member of Vivaah.com and/or using the Services of the Site, you unconditionally and irrevocably confirm that you have read the above provisions and agree to abide by them.
Please contact us with any questions regarding this service agreement.